Terror attack foiled in Russia
By IANS - MOSCOW
02nd September 2012 11:17 PM
A terrorist attack was foiled in Russia when an insurgent carrying explosives in his car was killed in the southwestern Kabardino-Balkaria region, RIA Novosti reported Sunday.
According to the regional interior ministry, the insurgent was killed by security forces Saturday night after he opened fire at a checkpoint when police attempted to inspect his car.
The man was carrying a time bomb made of various chemicals mixed in a bucket and connected to a watch.
The explosives was estimated to be 15 kg of TNT. The ministry said "specialists believe there is no doubt that a terror attack was being prepared".
The bomb was defused on the spot. Police also found a machine gun and a pistol in the man's car.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Shun hatred to live with peace