15 killed in Nepal as marriage party bus falls into river
By PTI - KATHMANDU
04th March 2013 01:53 PM
At least 15 people have been killed and 25 others were injured when a bus carrying a marriage party veered off a hilly road and fell into a river, in southwestern Nepal.
The ill-fated bus met with the accident at Chidapani village of Palpa district along the Siddhartha Highway last night, police said.
Twelve people died on the spot while three others succumbed to injuries at Lumbini Medical College Hospital, police added.
The bus driver was also killed in the accident and the vehicle was completely damaged.
Four injured were said to be critical.
The accident occurred due to drunk driving, police said.
The bus fell 300 metre down into the river from the hilly road at 9.30 pm yesterday while carrying the marriage party.
Both the bridegroom and bride were also injured but are safe.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling