Turkmenistan to gift women $14 on Women's Day
By IANS - MOSCOW
04th March 2013 11:10 AM
Women in the former Soviet state of
Turkmenistan will receive 40 manats (around $14) as a gift from the state ahead
of the International Women's Day, celebrated March 8.
According to a decree signed by President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow, all women regardless of their age and occupation will get the bonus, turkmenistan.ru website reported.
In addition, a total of 174 mothers of large families in the country will be honoured ahead of the holiday.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days