British Columbia avalanche hits 3 skiers, kills 1
By AP - REVELSTOKE (British Columbia)
23rd February 2013 10:53 AM
Police say an avalanche that swept down the backside of the Revelstoke Mountain Resort in southeastern British Columbia caught three skiers, killing one of them.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Cpl. Dan Moskaluk said the group was skiing in an out-of-bounds area when the avalanche happened Friday.
Resort general manager Rob Elliot says the three were part of a group of five or six men.
Moskaluk says other members of the group were able to rescue two of the three people involved, but the third person was found dead.
The skiers were not immediately identified.
A series of weather systems has dumped heavy snow on many British Columbia mountains.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15