China has over 53 mn private cars
By IANS - BEIJING
23rd February 2013 10:21 AM
The number of registered private cars in China reached 53.08 million by the end of 2012, the National Bureau of Statistics said.
The figure was up 22.8 percent from a year earlier, Xinhua reported.
The total number of registered motor vehicles exceeded 120 million units, up 14.3 percent year-on-year.
Of the total, 93.09 million units were privately owned.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling