Berlusconi says will get drunk if Monti loses polls
By IANS - ROME
18th February 2013 02:11 PM
Italy's former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has said he will celebrate if caretaker premier Mario Monti and his allies lose the coming parliamentary elections.
Parliamentary elections in Italy are scheduled for Feb 24-25.
"If Monti, Fini and Casini won't be let into the Chamber of Deputies, I'll get drunk. I guess it's time to put some sparkling wine into my fridge. There is a possibility that I'll get drunk within the next few days," Berlusconi said Sunday speaking at a campaign event in Turin.
Chamber of Deputies speaker Gianfranco Fini responded by saying that "Berlusconi is already drunk with all that nonsense he has been saying".
Electoral rhetoric in austerity-hit Italy intensified as parliamentary campaign nears its end. Earlier, Berlusconi described Monti as "a person who knows nothing about economy", while Monti called Berlusconi a "scoundrel" in his recent TV speech.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today