13 shot dead in Karachi
By IANS - ISLAMABAD
09th November 2012 11:36 AM
At least 13 people, including a police official and a woman, were killed
and many others injured in separate incidents of shooting in Pakistan's
port city of Karachi Thursday, Xinhua reported.
Unidentified gunmen killed two men in separate incidents of shooting in the city's Keemari and Surjani towns at night, reported local TV channel ARY.
In another incident, two people were gunned down in Orangi No. 4 area while another person was killed in Sikanderabad area.
A police official was killed and two others injured in Shohrab Goth area in the morning after some unidentified bikers fired at a police vehicle. The attackers managed to flee.
In another incident, some gunmen attacked a hotel in Malir Memon area and killed two people and injured several others. A woman was gunned down in Landhi area of the city. Meanwhile, a body was found near Maripur area.
A total of three men were shot dead in the city's Sohrab Goth's Super Market, Dalmia and Baldia town.
According to police, over 1800 people, including 90 policemen, have been killed in Karachi since the beginning of this year.
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks