UAE emirate frees 21 prisoners
By Indo Asian News Service - DUBAI
22nd October 2012 09:55 PM
Dubai, Oct 22 (IANS/WAM) The UAE emirate of Umm Al Qaiwain has ordered the release of 21 prisoners as a goodwill gesture on the occasion of Eid-al-Adha Thursday.
The ruler of the emirate, Sheikh Saud Bin Rashid Al Mualla ordered their release Monday.
The prisoners will be able to join their families in Eid celebrations.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling