Porn industry extends support to Obama
By Indo Asian News Service - WASHINGTON
12th October 2012 01:49 PM
With the US political season close to reaching its November climax, any last-minute endorsements are likely welcomed and publicized by the presidential candidates -except, maybe, this one.
The adult entertainment industry has overwhelmingly favoured re-electing President Barack Obama to a second term, according to the results of a new poll by the X-rated social networking site XBIZ.net.
Surveying 339 porn industry members, XBIZ said that 68 percent of respondents wanted Obama to win the presidential election, compared to 13 percent who favored Republican rival Mitt Romney. Another 14 percent said they wanted to see "someone else" in the White House, while five percent said they didn't care who won.
Porn industry kingpin Larry Flynt, who in September took out full-page ads in the Washington Post and USA Today offering $1 million for details of Romney's tax returns or offshore assets, told XBIZ that he was "not surprised" by the poll results.
Steven Hirsch, another businessman in the X-rated industry, echoed Flynt's reaction.
"The results aren't really surprising because most people involved with the adult industry have a liberal view of government and how it should work," he told XBIZ.
"Social issues are more important than fiscal issues and they will support a candidate who shares their beliefs."
According to XBIZ, adult film officials are also against Romney because of his promise to prosecute porn producers for obscenity violations, if he is elected president.
Patrick Trueman, head of Morality in Media, an organization that opposes lewd films, denounced the Obama administration's stance toward the distribution of hardcore pornography.
"The porn industry is flourishing because the Obama administration has given a green light to distribute hardcore porn to every man, woman, and child in America," Trueman told the Los Angeles Times Thursday.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Gun-toting film financier held after 11-hour ‘hostage’ drama