Bus accident kills 13, injures 9 in eastern China
By Associated Press - BEIJING
07th October 2012 09:20 PM
Chinese state media say a bus traveling on an expressway has scraped a car, crossed the center divider and smashed into another oncoming bus. That bus then veered off the road, killing 13 people on board.
The accident occurred around noon Sunday in eastern Shandong province.
China Central Television says the second bus rolled over as it fell down a slope from the expressway.
The official Xinhua News Agency says 13 people on that bus died and nine others are seriously injured.
A man on duty at the Shandong provincial traffic management bureau says the accident is still being investigated.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling