I heard people screaming: Aircrash eyewitness
By IANS - KATHMANDU
28th September 2012 11:54 AM
Some passengers in the aircraft that crashed near the international airport here Friday were heard "wailing and screaming", said an eyewitness who recalled the horror.
Tulasa Pokharel, an eyewitness whose house is located barely meters away from the crash site, said she saw the plane with black smoke landing on an open space on the bank of Manohara river, reported myrepublica.com.
"That time I could hear some people inside the plane wailing and screaming.
"When we went to inform the police and other locals about the incident and came back, there was just silence. We saw the plane burning and all of them dead," she was quoted as saying.
The Dornier Aircraft 9N-AHA of Sita Air crashed at 6.10 a.m. just a kilometre away from the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, killing all 19 people onboard.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS