Somali MP shot dead
By IANS - MOGADISHU
23rd September 2012 11:29 AM
Unidentified gunmen have shot dead a member of the new Somali parliament, Xinhua reported
According to the state radio, Mustaf Haji Mohamed was murdered as he left a mosque in Mogadishu's Waberi district Saturday.
The assassinated MP was newly elected to the 275-member parliament.
The killers escaped after the attack, for which no one has claimed responsibility.
However, Al Qaeda-linked outfit Al-Shabaab has vowed to target members of the new legislature.
The Al-Shabaab has been under pressure from Somali government forces and African Union peacekeeping troops at the southern port city of Kismayo, the last major city under its control.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres