Officials take stock of PRP quarries in Namakkal
By Express News Service - NAMAKKAL
06th September 2012 09:11 AM
An official team, led by two tahsildars, surveyed two granite quarries owned by the controversial Madurai-based PRP firm at Periasolipalayam near P. Velur on Wednesday to find out whether the firm had encroached land adjacent to the quarries.
According to an official, “The entire area including the quarries were measured with the help of surveyors by the Revenue officials”.
The quarries were being run in the name of PRP Granites and PRP Exports at Periasolipalayam and the operations were stopped immediately after the firm was accused of illegal mining activities in Madurai. However, a team inspected the quarries last week and directed the administrators to halt mining operations.
Similar surveys were conducted in another quarry at Sithampoondi owned by PKK Exports, Madurai. RDO Kavitha said that a survey at another quarry at Ramadevam, operated by BR Granites Ltd., Chennai, would be held on Thursday.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students