3 centres to train government officials: CM
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
18th August 2012 10:23 AM
Aimed at providing training to the employees of various State government departments, its subsidiaries, Central government departments in the State and officials of departments of other States, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Friday ordered the starting of zonal training centres at Salem, Tiruchy and Madurai. These centres would function under the control of the Director of the Anna Institute of Management.
The move would help the employees get the necessary training in places close to their working spots. They would be given training on general administration, disaster management, information technology, e-Governance, Code of Conduct, Right to Information Act, quality management and personality development.
The CM also directed that seven new posts be created for manning these zonal training centres. The measure would cost an additional expenditure of Rs 2.46 crore to the State Exchequer. Besides, the CM has granted Rs 1.60 crore for improving infrastructure facilities at the Anna Institute of Management in Chennai.
On May 7, the Chief Minister announced that the Civil Service Training Institute at Bhavanisagar would be upgraded with all infrastructure facilities at a cost of Rs 35 crore.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online