MK, Murasoli sued for defamation
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
11th August 2012 10:09 AM
A defamation case has been filed on behalf of Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and party organ Murasoli for publishing a false statement relating to the CM’s recent stay in Kodanad.
City Public Prosecutor ML Jagan moved the court of Principal Sessions Judge against Karunanidhi and Murasoli’s printer, publisher and editor S Selvam. According to the complainant, in the ‘Kalaignars’ Answers’ column in the issue dated July 30, Murasoli had published certain remarks on the CM’s stay in Kodanad.
It prayed the court to punish Selvam for offences under Sections 500 and 501 of the IPC and Karunanidhi for Sec 500 IPC.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks