Vaiko sees MK ploy in TESO meeting
By Express News Service - TIRUCHY
29th July 2012 07:50 AM
When Parvathiammal, the aged mother of Prabakaran, who was in dire need of treatment, DMK leader M Karunanidhi, who was the Chief Minister then, did not allow her to land in Chennai. Now he was organising a conference of Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisation (TESO), MDMK General Secretary Vaiko said here on Saturday and described it as an act of deceiving the people.
Presiding over a district party functionaries’ meeting, Vaiko said, “With what face, he (Karunanidhi) is organising the TESO conference? This is nothing but an act of deceiving the people of Tamil Nadu.” Pointing out that the MDMK was the only movement fighting for a separate Eelam sticking perfectly to Dravidian principles, he said the party always ensured that it never deviated from its principles.
Making it clear that the party would never bend before anyone for a few seats, Vaiko said, “We had conducted demonstrations for people’s welfare even when we have not participated in elections. We are preparing for a revolution and the cadre are preparing the people to face it.” He asked party functionaries at the panchayat level to give their mobile numbers so that they could be approached easily at times of public issues.
The Karur conference which has been scheduled for September 15 would create a change in the politics of Tamil Nadu and MDMK would play a key role in it, Vaiko said. District Secretaries A Malarmannan (urban) and TTC Cheran (Rural) and others were present.
Later, a fund of Rs 12 lakh was handed over to Vaiko by the district unit for the Karur conference.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs