Goods train derails near Jolarpet
By Express News Service - VELLORE
12th July 2012 11:04 AM
Railway traffic on the Chennai-Coimbatore route was affected for over three hours, following the derailment of a goods train wagon, near Jolarpet station on Wednesday.
Three express trains -- Cheran Express, Alappuzha Express and Patna Express were stranded at various points. However, the Bangalore-Jolarpet and Jolarpet-Kerala lines were not affected by the derailment.
The goods train carrying cement bags from Erragunda in Andhra Pradesh to Kottayam in Kerala was diverted from the main line to the loop line on Tuesday night after 11 pm. Later, the train was stationed at the Jolarpet junction. At about 2 am on Wednesday, the train started and was diverted back to the main line. During this, the 34th wagon got derailed at Pakkirithakka railway gate near the Jolarpet railway station. The remaining wagons were detached and brought to the Jolarpet station. Jolarpet station master, rail traffic inspector, and 15 officials of the railway break down relief team were engaged in the re-railing work. A police team headed by the Jolarpet railway police inspector, Elangovan, and railway protection force inspector, Sridharan, visited at the spot.
A jockey re-railed the wagon and it was linked up with other wagons before the goods train began its operation at around 5 am.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15