Man kills wife, blames ‘dacoits’
By Express News Service - POLLACHI
03rd July 2012 07:50 AM
A farmer landed in the police net on Monday when he attempted to cook up a dacoity drama after killing his wife.
The 33-year-old farmer, K Sivakumar of Rangasamuthiram, reportedly confessed to his crime after police grilled him.
He had laid out a perfect story stating that four robbers barged into his house and assaulted them with pipe wrenches before escaping with jewellery.
According to police sources, Sivakumar killed his wife Soumiya (28) by hitting on her head with an iron pipe wrench. Valparai DSP Palanisamy said that Sivakumar and Soumya planned to attend a wedding at Palani on Monday morning. Soumya had reportedly demanded `5,000 from Sivakumar to present it to the newly wedded couple on their wedding day instead of a gift.
Sivakumar reportedly refused to part with the money leading to a quarrel between the couple on Sunday night. Following the fight, Soumya reportedly slapped Sivakumar. Irked by this aggression, Sivakumar allegedly hit Soumya on her head with a pipe wrench resulting in her death. Soon after the incident, Sivakumar cooked up a drama informing the police that a four-member gang barged into their house and hit them with a pipe wrench and stole 17 sovereigns of gold jewellery kept in the bureau. He also said that he and his wife were unconscious after attack by the “burglars” and he regained consciousness only around 3 am to find his wife lying dead.
Around 4 am, he also called some of his neighbours and told them the “incident”. The neighbours later admitted Sivakumar to a local hospital for treatment for his ‘injuries’.
However, in the face of intense grilling, Sivakumar cracked and confessed to his crime. Police registered a case under IPC Section 302. He was remanded to judicial custody by a local court.
Sivakumar and Soumya got married eight years ago after they fell in love with each other during their college days. The couple has a four-year-old boy. Sivakumar owns a 20-acre coconut grove at Pakkothipalayam in Pollachi.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs