Jayalalithaa announces various infrastructure projects
By PTI - CHENNAI
29th June 2012 12:23 PM
As part of her government's efforts to decongest suburban Chennai, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today announced various infrastructure projects totalling over Rs 230 crore.
A road expansion of upto one km at the busy GST Road connecting southern suburbs to the city, near the airport at a cost of Rs 1.75 crore, was also sanctioned by her.
Further, Jayalalithaa allocated Rs 231.68 crore towards road over bridges and subway at other suburban areas of Tambaram, Velachery and Kolathur, an official release here said.
The release said these efforts would help decongest these parts, which have of late become favoured destinations of real estate activity in Chennai.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection