IG gets bail in Pazee case
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
29th June 2012 10:54 AM
Suspended IGP Promod Kumar, who was arrested on the charge of extorting crores of rupees from the directors of Pazee Finance Corporation in Tiruppur, was granted bail by the Madras HighCourt on Thursday.
Justice MM Sundresh, observed that some of the accused were released on bail and some others were granted advance bail. Taking note that he was a high ranked police official, he was not likely to abscond. Investigation in the case was also over. Moreover, the main case was also taken on file before the court concerned.
He could be released on bail on his executing a personal bond for `1 lakh with two surities, who should be his blood relatives, to the satisfaction of the II Additional District Judge for CBI Cases in Coimbatore. He should appear before the investigating officer daily at 10 am until further orders.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix