Torn notes found in Tiruchy bin
By Express News Service - TIRUCHY
24th June 2012 08:33 AM
People in the city were stunned and surprised to find several currency notes in a damaged condition in a dustbin in the city on Saturday morning.
The currency notes in the denominations of `100, `500 and `1,000 were found in a dustbin at the Housing Board Colony in Woraiyur by sanitary workers.
The information was passed to police. They arrived and conducted inquiries and also collected the torn pieces of currency notes in a bag and placed them under their custody. The news of currency notes scattered in the garbage bin spread like fire across Woraiyur and people of all age groups gathered at the spot to have a look at the torn notes. “When I went to have a cup of tea, shocked sanitary workers were discussing about the notes. I rushed to the place and was surprised to see all the notes were torn into several pieces”, N Mani, an eye witnesses said. In the meantime, the children from the area were seen collecting a few pieces to their satisfaction.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet