CII hails Jaya’s move to set up Infrastructure Board
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
24th June 2012 09:22 AM
The Confederation of Indian Industry has welcomed the state government’s move to set up an Infrastructure Development Board under the stewardship of the Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
R Dinesh, Chairman, CII Tamil Nadu State Council said that the ‘Vision 2023’ document unveiled by the government this year sets ambitious targets on the infrastructural front by aiming at bringing in 15 lakh crore worth investments in the next 11 years.
He said that the CII strongly believes that the present initiative of the Chief Minister would pave the way for expeditious implementation of the ongoing infrastructural projects and also would help to bring in global players to the state.
The CII also believes that the Board would address the various aspects of implementation of infrastructure projects, including their funding, design, construction, maintenance and operation.
CII would be honoured to work with the Government of Tamil Nadu on its vision to make the state “numero uno” by the year 2023, a statement from the industry body said here on Friday.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Gun-toting film financier held after 11-hour ‘hostage’ drama