TN minister stuck in mid-sea as boat develops technical fault
By PTI - CUDDALORE
03rd March 2013 05:49 PM
A state minister was stuck in a mechanised boat in mid-sea for about half-an-hour on Sunday after its engine developed a technical fault off this coastal town, police said.
The vessel in which Environment Minister M C Sampath had gone to mid-sea to inaugurate a boat race, was towed back by a fisherman's boat, Sub-Inspector of Police V Balakrishnan said.
On return to shore, the minister said the engine had suddenly malfunctioned and there was no other problem.
The race, in which at least 80 boats participated, was organised by the local AIADMK unit in connection with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's 65th birthday, which fell on February 24.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair