Jagathy discharged from CMC
By Express News Service - VELLORE
02nd March 2013 09:39 AM
Noted Malayalam comedian Sreekumar, popularly known as ‘Jagathy’ who was undergoing treatment at Christian Medical College hospital, here, for nearly a year, was discharged on Thursday. His family members took him back to his hometown in Kerala.
The actor was admitted here on April 12, last year, after he was transferred from Calicut, where he was undergoing stabilization treatment, as he had suffered serious injuries in a road accident in Malappuram district.
Jagathy and his driver were admitted to the intensive care unit of the Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences in Calicut. After a series of surgeries, he was transferred to CMC for further specialised treatment. He was attended on by experts from the departments of neurology, neuro-surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation. It is after various therapies that he was able to recognise people and control his motor and reflex skills. Three months back, he was transferred to the hospital’s rehabilitation unit at Bagayam.
Several ministers from Kerala had called on him. They pointed out that his fans were offering prayers for his quick return. CMC director Dr Sunil Chandy said, “The actor had shown great improvement in health. He has been advised to continue home-based physiotherapy.”
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers