Police yet to get any clue
By Express News Service - ERODE
23rd January 2013 09:04 AM
Police are yet to obtain any clue in the mysterious death of engineering student Nandhini (19) of Sivagiri, whose half-burnt body was found on a temple land near here on Monday.
According to sources, the girl had informed her parents over cellphone around 11 am on Sunday that she had reached Vellakoil, from where she would board another bus to Coimbatore to her college hostel. When police contacted those numbers, they found that the callers were her classmates and inquired them. The body was burnt using petrol. Since there was heavy mist, it did not get burnt completely and the face was intact, making identification easier.
A police official, on condition of anonymity, said that a love angle was also being probed.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Bangalore crush Chennai in 8-over match, keep semi hopes alive