Much-married man held for tormenting eighth wife
By Express News Service - KARAIKAL
23rd January 2013 08:33 AM
A polygamist, Thanthon Bhaskaran (49) of Kottucherry Main Road, was arrested for allegedly torturing his eighth wife, P Lakshmi (18), at Kottucherry on Tuesday.
According to the complaint lodged with senior SP by Lakshmi of Perunthottam Agraharam, her husband Thanthon Bhaskaran had married her at the Thirukadaiyur temple on November 15 last saying his previous wife had died about five years ago. “From the day of our wedding he had kept me indoors and tortured me sexually and otherwise,” she said. Lakshmi escaped from Bhaskaran and went to her parental home on Jan 20.
Lakshmi said in her complaint, discreet inquiry revealed that Bhaskaran had already married seven women and had deserted them. She sought action against him. Karaikal Women Police conducted an inquiry with Bhaskaran and registered a case under sections relating to torture, life threat and other crimes and arrested him.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner