'Obscene' pictures of HMs spark stir
By Express News Service - COIMBATORE
22nd January 2013 07:57 AM
A large number of students of the Government Middle School at Sholayar Dam, accompanied by their parents, staged a road roko at Valparai demanding disciplinary action against the school headmaster, whose pictures, allegedly showing him in a compromising position with the headmistress of the Panchayat Union Primary School at ETR, were found on the Internet.
The news spread like wildfire in the town, following which a large number of parents, and students who stayed away from classes, blocked the road on Monday morning around 9 am, raising slogans against the headmaster.
According to the protestors, some of the photos were found in the classrooms of the middle school as well.
The protestors dispersed an hour later after police officials assured them of action against the headmaster.
They reportedly presented a petition and the CDs which contained the alleged obscene pictures on the web, to the Valparai Police and sought stringent action.
However, Valparai Inspector C Subramaniyan told Express that they had not yet received any complaint from the parents’ association on the issue. He added that necessary action would be taken against both the school heads once the parents lodged a formal complaint.
When contacted, Chief Educational Officer A Gnana Gowri said, “We are not planning to initiate departmental action against the two as there is no credible evidence. The photos can very easily be morphed. So, we can’t assume it as an authentic evidence.”
She added that departmental action would be considered against the two if the police initiated legal action on them.
Police suspect that the pictures could have been morphed and posted on websites by a teacher who was earlier suspended for misbehaving with his colleagues when he was working at the Panchayat Union Primary School at ETR. It may be noted that a week ago, the government took the Sholayar Dam Middle School, an aided school, under its control on a request from its school secretary in 2010.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Key relationships
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out