National Law School to open doors next year
By Shreenesh Raman - TIRUCHY
30th December 2012 09:13 AM
Works for the National Law School, one of the Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s major initiative for the district, is progressing rapidly and it is expected to open its doors by the academic year 2013-14.
Speaking to Express, PWD officials who are engaged in the construction and supervising of the project said, the law school is coming up on a 25-acre plot at Navalur Kuttapattu in the outskirts of the City and would house 20 buildings with all the basic amenities. Presently, around eight buildings are under construction at the site with the State government funding Rs 100 crore.
With a total built-up area of around five lakh suare feet, separate blocks were under construction for under-graduates, post-graduates, besides an examination hall, administration building and a huge library. Separate hostels for men and women with a total capacity of 300 students are also under construction.
The PWD officials supervising the project assured that the buildings under construction would be completed before the 2013-14 academic year. The law school will possibly begin its admission and students would be attending the classes in the new buildings, said a revenue department official.
Situated near the Tiruchy-Dindigul National Highway, the school is expected to become a prominent landmark for law students across the State.
A pet project of the Chief Minister, it is being set up in the lines of the National Law School, Bangalore, which is one among the 17 autonomous law schools in India, the officials said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- DRDO chief expresses concern over FDI
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner