'Open more universities, government colleges in TN'
By PTI - TIRUCHIRAPPALLI
08th December 2012 09:37 PM
The Tamil Nadu Government College Teachers association today urged the government to open more universities and government colleges in the state.
At its state-level meeting here, the Association passed various resolutions, chief among which were a plea to fix the retirement age as per UGC recommendations, sanction of Professor posts in colleges,effective implementation of Career Advancement Scheme and restoration of old pension scheme.
Ashok K Burban, General Secretary, All India Federation of University and College teachers Organisation, who spoke, said there should be no discrepancy among states in implementing UGC (University Grants Commission) pay scales for university and college teachers.
The meeting also felt variations in pay in self-financing institutions should be rectified.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today