Vadivelu 'disappoints' Vaiko
By Express News Service - TIRUCHY
08th December 2012 10:05 AM
Putting to rest speculations, at least for the while, that he was joining the MDMK, popular comedian Vadivelu failed to turn up at a meeting here to share the dais with MDMK chief Vaiko to release a collection of his speeches in Parliament.
The speculations were sparked off after a few eveningers predicted Vadivelu’s switch over to the MDMK from the DMK after his name figured in the invitation and posters.
Vadivelu had been a star campaigner for the DMK in the last assembly polls when he took DMDK chief Vijayakant head on. He was reportedly planning a comeback to Tamil cinema next year after a gap of over one year.
As news of his participation spread, the auditorium was filled to capacity. But the crowd did not leave even after it was clear that he would not turn up. They stayed back to listen to Vaiko who, in his speech, questioned the relevance of a Union government for the people of TN if it was not able to ensure the rights of the State in the Cauvery dispute.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today