UT collects 47.49 lakh as Flag Day Fund
By Express News Service - PUDUCHERRY
08th December 2012 10:02 AM
The Union Territory of Puducherry has collected Rs 47,49,232 towards Armed Forces Flag Day Fund 2011, with the Education Department topping the contributors’ list with `18,33,505 followed by the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management.
The Department of Revenue and Disaster Management collected `4,68,570 and the Public Works Department contributed `1,88,495. Chief Minister N Rangasamy gave trophies to departments at a function organised by Department of Sainik Welfare on Friday. Chief Secretary M Sathiyavathy, Inspector General of Police Ranvir Singh Krishnia, NCC Group commander (in-charge) Col S B Sinha, Director of Sainik Welfare Department Col (Retd) M S Sunderam and Additional Secretary Pankaj Kumar Jha were present.
Karaikal topped with Rs 6,59,482 while Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research topped by contributing Rs 1,58,260. The National Cadet Corps (NCC) group headquarters collected Rs 91,218. The Chief Minister presented trophies to E Vallavan (Education Department), S Manohar (PWD Chief Engineer), J Ashok Kumar (Karaikal Collector), Dr T S Ravikumar (JIPMER director)and Col S B Sinha (NCC). Later, the CM appealed for generous contribution from organisations for the Fag Day Fund.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing