Film crew break bridge parapet, 2 held
By Express News Service - PUDUCHERRY
21st November 2012 09:08 AM
Two “helpers” of a film crew were arrested for demolishing the side wall of the abandoned Nonankuppam old bridge here on Tuesday morning.
The crew allegedly demolished nearly three meters of the side wall for enacting a stunt scene in the film, Biriyani. Earlier, in the morning, the demolition of the side wall of the bridge was questioned by former Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) MLA R K R Anantharaman, who happened to pass by the area. Arguments and jostling between the crew and the public followed.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Pazhanivel, rushed to the spot and pacified the crowd. AIADMK MLA L Purushothaman also visited the area.
NH assistant engineer, Kanniyappan, filed a complaint with the Thavalakuppam police station. Sub-said a case had been registered for destruction of public property and the helpers, Haaja and Mani, had been arrested. A JCB crane was also seized, he added.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals