Auto Raj hacked to death, 5 surrender
By Express News Service - VELLORE
20th November 2012 11:34 AM
Notorious criminal Raj (alias) Auto Raj was hacked to death by a gang on Sunday afternoon, while he was having a drink at a TASMAC bar on Railway Road, in Periyakulam, Kancheepuram. A day after the murder, five persons surrendered before the Judicial Magistrate Court-I, at Vellore district combined court complex, in connection with the murder.
They were identified as Raja (alias) Vasul Raja (27), Manikandan (31), Raghuvaran (28), Aseen (27) and Raji (25) of Kancheepuram. They surrendered before Magistrate M Akiladevi, who remanded them to judicial custody for 15 days at the Vellore Central Prison for Men.
Raj, who was involved in two murder cases and several burglaries in Kancheepuram, was released in August, after serving detention under the Goondas Act. The assailants attacked him while he was having a drink and escaped.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling