Fake cops held for harassing daughter, assaulting father
By Express News Service - VELLORE
17th November 2012 08:31 AM
Three youths were arrested on Friday morning by Kaveripakkam police for allegedly misbehaving with a 12-year-old girl and assaulting her father on Thursday night.
The trio — Siva (35) of Mamandur, near Otcheri, Rajini (30) of Vatchur, in Kancheepuram, and Babu (35) of Kondapuram Colony, near Kaveripakkam, who were employed as contract labourers, were at work on the national highway from Perumpullipakkam to Vellore, police attached to Kaveripakkam Station said. The trio, posing as policemen, stopped Baskaran (38), a resident of Sumathangi village, near Vanniyasathram, and asked him to produce the motorbike’s documents and his driving licence. As he did not have the documents, the trio demanded a bribe of Rs 1,000. They also tried to misbehave with his daughter, who was with Baskaran, police said. When he tried to protect his daughter, they assaulted him and sped away in their car when a group of passers-by came to the rescue of the girl and her father.
Following Baskaran’s complaint, police registered a case under section 341, 323 of IPC read with 4 of Tamil Nadu Women Harassment Act. They nabbed the trio on Friday morning near Otcheri and remanded them to the sub-jail at Walajapet after producing them before the Ranipet Court.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP