Prathibha Cauvery: Jayalalithaa announces cash awards to five fishermen
By PTI - CHENNAI
06th November 2012 06:00 PM
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today announced a cash reward of Rs one lakh each to five fishermen hailing from Chennai for risking their lives to save the crew of ship which ran aground last week during cyclone Nilam.
The Chief Minister also heaped praises on them saying they had risked their lives to sail into the sea in a boat to save the crew members of 'Prathibha Cauvery' who had fell into the sea when a boat they were in capsized.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks