Three minor marriages stopped in Dharmapuri
By Express News Service - DHARMAPURI
29th October 2012 11:37 AM
The district police managed to prevent three minor marriages in separate incidents here on Sunday.
In the first instance, the parents of a 17-year-old girl from Savuluppatti near here arranged her marriage with her maternal uncle, S Chinnasamy (28) from the same area, on Sunday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, Inspector Devikarani and SI Sundaram rushed to the spot and advised the parents against going ahead with their plan.
The parents then submitted an affidavit to the police, agreeing to call off the wedding.
In Morappur, the parents of another 17-year-old girl from Sinnamelpatti village wanted to marry her off to 30-year-old K Suresh (30) of C Pallipatti.
Similarly, yet another 17-year-old girl from P Thurinchipatti was to be married to S Muthukumar (23) from the same village on Sunday.
Police teams from Morappur and Bommidi respectively managed to stop both the weddings.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE