Koodankulam nuclear plant to be operational soon: Narayanasamy
By IANS - CHENNAI
20th October 2012 08:48 PM
The Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) is expected to be operational soon and safety concerns of
villagers living in the area are misplaced, Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office V. Narayanasamy said Saturday.
Speaking to reporters here, Narayanasamy said members of parliament from Tamil Nadu are already demanding increased allocation of power to the state from the project.
He said that KKNPP has multiple security layers. He also cited the safe functioning of Madras Atomic Power Station (MAPS) in Kalpakkam around 70 km from here.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant