Dengue fight to kick off today
By Express News Service - VELLORE
19th October 2012 08:40 AM
The Tiruvannamalai district administration has instructed all local bodies, from village panchayats to municipalities in the district, to carry out mass cleaning programmes to eradicate the breeding sources of mosquitoes, in view of the outbreak of dengue in various parts of the State.
Chairing an awareness programme for panchayat presidents, Collector Vijay Pingale instructed the local bodies to carry out mass cleaning programmes on Friday in their respective panchayats, to create awareness on the preventive measures of dengue and source reduction.
“The administration of the 860-odd village panchayats, four municipalities and town panchayats in the district will launch mass cleaning programmes on Friday. We have instructed local bodies to carry out periodical cleaning campaigns,” said Pingale.He asked the panchayat presidents to mobilise volunteers from the respective panchayats to carry out awareness campaigns as well as mass cleaning programmes. Pingale instructed panchayat presidents to chlorinate water in over-head tanks and sumps.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS