Group heading to K-town held
By Express News Service - TIRUNELVELI
13th October 2012 10:55 AM
A group of 11 persons hailing from different states, including Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and Jharkhand, were arrested here on Friday while they were on their way to Koodankulam.
Police said, serious literatures were seized from the group. The arrested were identified as K. Kesavan (33) an advocate and State Joint Secretary of Centre for Protection of Civil Liberties from Sellur, Madurai, Jehan (23) member of Student Apprising Movement Social Welfare of Anna Nagar, Madurai, Palanisamy (48), Anti Imperialist Movement state secretary of Karur, Hameed (43) a government employee and member of Civil Liberties Committee of Andhra Pradesh, Damodar (32) a human rights activist of Jharkhand, Aravind Avinas (50) of Jharkhand, Dastagiri (24) of Andhra Pradesh, Pratima Das of Orissa and Priya, member of Anti Imperialist Movement of New Delhi, Agarathi of Madurai and Varalakshmi the general secretary of Revolutionary Writers Association, Andhra Pradesh. All the arrested were kept in a marriage hall at Nanguneri. A senior police officer said the group was arrested at Moondradaipu toll gate while they were proceeding to Koodankulam on Friday. Sensitive literatures were seized from them. Their antecedents were being verified.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet