Pondy to host international peace meet
By Express News Service - PUDUCHERRY
05th October 2012 09:40 AM
The Union Territory will host a three-day conference of All India Peace and Solidarity Organisation, on the theme “Struggle for Better India, Better World” from Friday.
Addressing a press conference, Pallob Sengupta, national general secretary of AIPSO and MLA K Lakshminarayanan, vice-chairman of AIPSO, said that an international conference on the theme “De-militarise Asia Pacific for Peace” would also be held along with the national conference.
As many as 300 delegates from 19 states across the country would take part in the national conference while 35 delegates from South Africa, Pakistan, Vietnam, Greece, Sri Lanka besides the Cuban Ambassador to India would take part in the international one.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs