BJP has no right to flay fuel price hike: Narayanasamy
By PTI - PUDUCHERRY
24th September 2012 01:11 AM
Lashing out at the BJP, Minister in the PMO, V Narayanasamy today said BJP had no right to criticise the hike in fuel price as during the BJP-led NDA rule prices of diesel and petrol were hiked as many as 27 times.
"BJP's criticism of the hike in diesel price is untenable and unacceptable," he told reporters here.
Slamming the opposition parties for holding a nation-wide bandh on September 20 to protest the increase in price of diesel, he said the Centre had granted a subsidy of Rs 1.40 lakh crore for petrol, diesel and LPG during 2011-2012.
Already the oil companies were in the red with losses to the tune of Rs 20,000 crore, he claimed.
He said the Congress ruled States had increased the cap on the number of LPG cylinders from six to nine. "Why has the BJP ruled Sates failed to replicate the step?," he asked.
On FDI in multi-brand retail, he said it was a good augury to ensure speedy economic growth, fair price for producers and elimination of middlemen.
He said the UPA government had absolute majority even after the TMC withdrew support, adding, the Samajwadi Party and BSP had extended unconditional support from the outside.
Narayanasamy flayed Puducherry Chief Minister N.Rangasamy for "failing" to project the requirements of the Union Territory and to press release of six tmc of Cauvery water for Karaikal at the Cauvery River Authority meeting held recently.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers