Pipe water supply to all panchayat headquarters by 2014
By Express News Service - BHUBANESWAR
12th September 2012 12:29 PM
The State Government has decided to provide pipe water supply to all panchayat headquarters by March, 2014.
A decision to this effect was taken at a high-level meeting presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik here on Tuesday.
Provision of overhead tanks for storing water will also be made to ensure uninterrupted water supply.
Official sources said pipe water projects had been taken up for 850 panchayat headquarters in 2012. A policy decision has also been made to provide 55 litres of water per head daily. This facility will be provided to a family within 250 metres of their house.
The Chief Minister, who reviewed different drinking water supply projects at the meeting, asked the officials to expedite completion of the ongoing projects. Steps taken to check spread of fluorosis in Nuapada district due to intake of fluoride contaminated water was also reviewed.
Sources said out of 1,612 villages, safe drinking water provision had already been made for 1,301 villages. Steps are being taken to cover the rest of the 311 villages in 2012-13.
Successful implementation of the Nirmal Bharat Abhijan and different drinking water schemes by strengthening the gram sabha was discussed.
Rural Development Minister Bikram Keshari Arukh, Chief Secretary Bijay Kumar Patnaik, Principal Secretary in the Finance Department Jugal Kishore Mohapatra, Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister Aditya Prasad Padhi, Rural Development Department Secretary SN Tripathy and senior officials attended.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)