Diarrhoea spreads, affects 25 more
By Express News Service - DHENKANAL
11th August 2012 01:07 PM
Though the situation is under control at Panigengutia village, diarrhoea has spread to other villages in Parjang block. At least 25 persons have been affected with some of them being admitted to nearby Parjang and Mandapal hospitals on Friday.
Diarrhoea cases have been reported from Mundelo, Kahariamunda and Renthapata villages. The villagers said they had gone to their relatives’ house at Panigengutia village and consumed water there for two days. Collector Bishnu Prasad Panda said an assistant engineer of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation has been sent to the affected villages to ensure supply of clean water.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Key relationships
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner