Pyari quits as BJD RS leader
By Express News Service - BHUBANESWAR
05th August 2012 11:09 AM
Dissident BJD Rajya Sabha member Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday resigned as the party’s parliamentary group leader in Rajya Sabha.
“I submitted my resignation letter to the chairman of Rajya Sabha this morning,” Mohapatra told this paper on his return from Delhi. Pyari said he resigned because of the breakdown of communication between him and BJD president-Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. He is likely to be succeeded by Sashi Bhusan Behera. P 3
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS