Naveen Patnaik slow over reshuffle
By Express News Service - BHUBANESWAR
31st July 2012 11:22 AM
Even as the BJD is abuzz with speculation of an imminent ministry reshuffle, the exercise is again likely to be put off for some days because of the belligerent stand of dissident Rajya Sabha member Pyarimohan Mohapatra.
Sources said Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had already finalised the date of the expected reshuffle. But after the outburst of Pyari, he seems to have gone slow over the issue again.
BJD circles believe that some ministers are likely to be dropped in the reshuffle. After the recent statements of Pyari, the Chief Minister is trying to assess the support the dissident enjoys in the ministry.
Almost all the ministers, barring a few, were known to be Pyari loyalists before the May 29 aborted coup. Many of them are now trying to forget the past and carry on in the changed circumstances. Sources said as many as four ministers are likely to be dropped in the reshuffle.
Eight ministers are likely to be sworn. The Chief Minister is likely to keep one vacancy in the ministry. The names of AU Singhdeo, Pravat Tripathy, Sarojini Hembrum, Subrat Tarai, Arun Sahu, Sanjay Dasburma, Nrusingha Charan Sahu, Ramesh Chandra Chau Patnaik, Bijayshree Routray, Damodar Rout and Padmanabha Behera are doing the rounds to be inducted in the ministry.
Several other freshers are also likely to get a look-in. Somebody from the undivided Koraput district may get a berth. The name of Jhina Hikaka, who was abducted by the Maoists, is also doing the rounds.
However, there is no official word about the reshuffle as yet. No minister or senior BJD leader is also willing to go on record. There is no certainty about the reshuffle, a senior leader said and added the Chief Minister may also do it on Tuesday.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs