BJD corrupt, BJP leaderless: Kharbela
By Express News Service - Bhubaneswar:
31st July 2012 11:28 AM
The Utkal Bharat Party on Monday slammed Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik for the administrative logjam due to bickering in the ruling BJD.
“Factionalism in the BJD has brought the administrative machinery to a standstill and it appears that the State is running without a government,” said a political resolution of Utkal Bharat at its third State-level convention here. The current crisis within the BJD has made the Chief Minister so nervous that he is unable to perform his duty. As a result, the State Government has become directionless, remarked president of the regional party Kharbela Swain.
With corruption cancer spreading to all spheres of public life, the Chief Minister’s claim of providing a transparent and corruption-free Government has fallen flat after the exposure of several scams. The Congress has also proved to be the B-team of the ruling BJD by not imposing President’s rule in 2009 after the break-up of the latter with the BJP and not acting against its MLAs who defied the party whip during the 2010 Rajya Sabha election, the resolution said. The BJP is leaderless, Swain said.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers