Eve-teasing case reported in Ravenshaw
By Express News Service - CUTTACK:
24th July 2012 12:08 PM
A plus two girl student has allegedly been subjected to inappropriate advances by an unidentified youth on Ravenshaw University campus even as complaints of eve-teasing and misbehaviour to girls have marked a rise in the recent days.
The Registrar of the University forwarded the complaint to the police on Monday which lodged a case in the connection but has sought the identity of the girl for taking the investigation ahead.
According to police, a group of girl boarders of the Devi hostel on the campus have submitted a written complaint to the Registrar alleging that one of the co-boarders was subjected to eve-teasing and inappropriate advances by a youth near the SBI Bank branch on Sunday morning.
On July 20 too another girl of the Daya hostel was subjected to eve-teasing. Acting on the complaint, police had registered a case. Three youths, all day scholars of the University, had been arrested and released on bail, police said.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks