Another gangrape rocks state
By Express News Service - CUTTACK:
19th June 2012 12:00 PM
When the State is yet to come to terms with allegations of yet another gangrape in Pipili, this time a teacher, the Millennium City was rocked by a reported gangrape of a 35-year-old woman near Choudwar on Sunday evening.
The victim has filed a complaint at Choudwar police station and been sent for medical examination. One person has been detained.
Reports said the woman was allegedly raped by about five persons, including a family acquaintance, at an isolated spot between Choudwar and Jagatpur.
The woman, who worked with a private company at Jagatpur, had been residing with her 16-year-old daughter at Andhari village near Jagatpur. On Sunday she had come to OTM Bazaar at Choudwar for vegetables. As she was shopping, a person by the name of Bhola of Andhari village reportedly offered her a lift back home.
Instead of taking her home, Bhola rode the motorcycle towards a deserted location in the vicinity of the Birupa river. She alleged that four more persons joined him and the five raped her.
Acting on her complaint, the police on Monday nabbed Bhola from his village while the identity of others is being ascertained. Bhola would be subjected to medical examination on Tuesday, police said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS