Classical language status for Odia demanded
By ENS - BHUBANESWAR
09th December 2012 11:13 AM
The Ministry of Culture has decided to place the demand for classical language status to Odia before the Committee of Linguistic Experts.
The Under Secretary of the Culture Ministry has requested the acting secretary of the Sahitya Akademi to put the demand of Rajya Sabha member Ramchandra Khuntia and Lekhaka Sammukhya before the Committee.
In letters to President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Vice- President Hamid Ansari and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Khuntia had demanded that Odia should be declared as a classical language.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas