OJEE to be held on May 12
By Express News Service - BHUBANESWAR
02nd December 2012 10:00 AM
The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE), 2013 will be held on May 12. The Policy Planning Body met here on Saturday to decide on the date for the JEE. Barring medical, tests for engineering, MBA, MCA, pharmacy and other PG programmes would be held on May 12, 2013. Admission into MBBS courses will be held nationally, as part of the National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test, by the Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) on May 5.
The date for the JEE was chalked out after deliberations over the test dates of other States so that students do not face any difficulty in appearing for the entrance tests.
While West Bengal has announced that its JEE will be held on April 21, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh are yet to declare their dates. “Since we have announced the dates, other States will structure their JEEs in a manner that the dates do not clash,” said a JEE official.
The All-India Engineering Entrance Examination dates (offline and online) are distributed over several days in April and June which means OJEE will not clash with it. The OJEE 2012 was held on May 13.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks